As we continue to embark a journey with beer recipes, I thought about combining another favorite ingredient that I love to cook with (Bacon). In this post, we will be making a Bacon and Beer Spaghetti sauce. Many of you will wonder what the actual taste will be. I will give you a little hint. It will all depend on what kind of beer you will be using while making the sauce. Think of the beer as the foundation for the sauce. IF you start with a not so good flavored beer, do not expect any miracles in the end. You have been warned. The beer I choose today is coming from the Tenaya Creek Brewery. The name of the beer is Monsoon IPA. The beer is light amber in color, full bodied and well hopped. Perfect for this recipe! On to Cooking!
- Bacon - 4 slices
- Onion - 4 ea, medium, chopped
- Garlic - 2 cloves, minced
- Beef - 1 1/2 lb, ground
- Parmesan Cheese - 1 c, grated
- Worcestershire Sauce - 2 T
- Mushroom - 6 oz, sliced from a can
- Monsoon IPA Beer - 12 oz
- Tomato Paste - 6 oz
- Tabasco Sauce - 1/2 t
- Tomato Puree - 1 1/3 c
- Salt - 1 t
- Fry Bacon until crisp; drain. Remove Bacon from the skillet.
- To the Bacon fat add Onions and Garlic. Sauté until golden. Add ground Beef and Cheese. Stir often. Cook until the meat is brown.
- Add Beer and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add the Tomato Paste, Salt, Tabasco, Worcestershire, Oregano and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add Tomato Puree, Mushrooms and Bacon.
- Continue cooking until thickened, about 8-10 minutes.