Today we will be Tiramisu with a twist. Instead of using Rum and Espresso we will be using Beer Geek Breakfast. It is a beer made with coffee beans and it is brewed in Denmark. It is called the breakfast because it goes well with breakfast foods. On to cooking!
- Heavy Cream - 3/4 C, cold
- Eggs - 2 ea
- Powdered Sugar - 1 C
- Pure Vanilla Extract - 2 1/2 t
- Mascarpone Cheese - 2ea 8oz tubs, at room temperature
- Mikkeller Beer Geek Breakfast - 2 C
- Ladyfingers - 40 cookies
- Cocoa powder - 1/2 C unsweetened
- In a chilled bowl, whip the Cream until stiff peaks form, making sure not to overbeat. Cover the bowl when done and set it aside in the refrigerator.
- In another bowl, beat Eggs and Salt until the volume doubles and the color lightens. Add the Sugar, Vanilla and Mascarpone. Mix gently until incorporated.
- Fold the whipped cream and then set aside in the refrigerator.
- In a shallow dish quickly dunk both sides of the Ladyfingers. Arrange them in a single layer in an 8 inch square dish.
- Spread the layer of Mascarpone mixture over the Ladyfingers. Sprinkle on a liberal amount of cocoa using a fine mesh sieve. Repeat the layers, using all the Ladyfingers and Mascarpone mixture, and generously dusting with Cocoa again.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Beeramisu will keep covered and refrigerated for up to 2 days.
The finished product will look like this: