For this recipe I have decided to use the Imperial Stout beer from Tenaya Creek Brewery from Las Vegas, Nevada after our recent trip there. The stout has Chocolate, Roasted and Black malts making this a very thick and flavorful beer. It is definitely one of my top favorite beers out there. On to cooking!
- Gingerbread Cake Mix - 2 boxes
- Eggs - 2 ea
- Imperial Stout - 2 3/4 C
- Butter - 1/2 C, softened
- Powdered Sugar - 16 oz
- Garnishes - to garnish
- Stir together gingerbread cake mix, eggs and 2 1/2c Imperial Stout beer.
- Pour the batter evenly into 2 lightly greased cake pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until the toothpick is clean once inserted into the center of the cake. Cool the cake on the rack for 1 hour or until completely cool.
- Beat the softened butter at medium speed until creamy. Add the sugar and the 1/4c Imperial Stout beer gradually.Beat until light and fluffy.
- Spread the Buttercream between the layers and on the top of the cake.
- Garnish the cake.